- 02-Mar-2017 to 30-May-2017 (EST)
- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
- Full Time
This position offers a full-range of benefits including 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and Flexible Benefit Plans
Description Summary: Sales Engineer/Representative
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
ADF Engineering is looking for a professional Sales Engineer/Representative with a proven history of business-to-business industrial sales and development in providing consulting engineering services. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall client satisfaction, obtaining feedback, implementing improvements and client follow-up to ensure all sales and business development goals are met or exceeded.
The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to develop positive working relationships with industrial customers to provide cost-effective solutions to their engineering needs.
Required Skills & Experience
This position requires a bachelor's level degree, preferably in business and ideally in marketing/sales.
At least 5 years of professional experience in selling consulting engineering services to industrial customers.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate and discuss success and competencies in the following areas:
Business Development and Sales:
- Increasing sales to achieve pre-established goals.
- Increasing market share in existing & new markets.
- Developing new accounts, opportunities, and generating project leads.
- Taking corrective actions as necessary to resolve any negative variances from sales and marketing goals.
- Developing and implementing business plans to define markets and to reach sales targets.
- Organizing and staffing local networking events and trade shows to increase market recognition and visibility.
- Use of software-based contact and sales activity programs to manage and optimize sales efforts.
- Creating marketing ideas to identify and target new markets.
- Building a knowledge-base of each client's business, staff, organization and objectives.
- Managing day-to-day client interaction on projects as well as managing their project expectations.
- Increasing customer satisfaction and deepening client relationships to maintain repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Providing innovative solutions to resolve client issues and bring value beyond routine engineering design.
- Maintaining positive client relationships with existing customers.
- Effectively cross-selling based upon a thorough understanding of the market, industry, and company capabilities.
- Trouble-shooting unresolved issues with clients and bringing them to positive resolution.
Additional Preferred Knowledge & Experience
Agra-business, pharmaceuticals, oil seeds, biofuels, grain milling & handling.
Pet food, animal feed, edible and industrial oils.
ADF Engineering is a leading provider of Process Engineering and Facility Engineering solutions for the Food, Feed, Fuel, and Bioscience industries. ADF Engineering is known for its reputation in providing cutting-edge, high quality and cost effective engineering solutions to industrial clients throughout the United States as well as around the globe including China, Canada, Eastern Europe, Mexico, and Central and South America. ADF Engineering is proud to be a "select" supplier for engineering services to some of the world's greatest Fortune 500 companies. ADF Engineering has offices in Dayton, Ohio; Omaha, Nebraska; and Cedar Rapids, Iowa that serve the surrounding markets.
ADF Engineering offers competitive compensation and a full-range of benefits including 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Flexible Benefit Plans, and a professional, collegial work atmosphere. Learn more www.adfengineering.com .